Making Money To The Glory of God
Sometimes when we read that the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil, we somehow walk away with the idea that money is the root of all evil—which is entirely different. One of the first things we’re commanded to do in God’s word is to be fruitful and multiply. Later on, we’re commanded to do—whatever we do—to the glory of God. Therefore, when we are fruitful… it needs to be to the glory of God. Together we’ll attempt to balance theology and praxis while looking at business through the lens of Scripture—which is both good and a part of God’s design.
The following audio was recorded during the workshop “Making Money To The Glory of God” by Timothy J. Trudeau, which was part of the Business Track at the 2014 Legacy Conference in Chicago. Additionally, if you would like to take notes while you listen, you can download and print the corresponding worksheet here.
Below are links to the full video clips utilized during the workshop:
- “Economics For Everybody” — R.C. Sproul Jr.
- “Kenneth Copeland brags about being a billionaire” — Kenneth Copeland
- “What is a Worldview?” — R.C. Sproul, Ravi Zacharias, Stephen C. Meyer, Os Guinness, and Del Tackett
- “Human Genome Announcement at the White House (2000)” — Bill Clinton, Tony Blair, Francis Collins, and Craig Venter
- “Joel Salatin – Stewardship” — Joel Salatin
- “BLUE: Anti-Human or Pro-Human? – Robert Zubrin” — Robert Zubrin and JD King
- “BLUE: It’s Impossible to Run Out of Oil- Cal Beisner” — Cal Beisner and JD King
- “Charity That Hurts [PovertyCure Episode 1]” — Michael Matheson Miller, Peter Greer, Eva Muraya, and Paul Collier
- “Andrew Rugasira: ‘No Country has ever prospered through handouts’” — Andrew Rugasira
- “Salemtown Board Co.” — Jacob Henley and Will Anderson